The Easy Flower Care 101
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
New to looking after flowers? Not sure what way is best to develop green fingers? It may seem a little intimidating at first. After all, modern society is quite far removed from nature, especially if you live in the city. We don’t really get much of a chance to take care of plants at all. Still, if you’ve got yourself some flowers and want to know more about caring for them, do read on! Our easy flower care guide has all the information you need to tend to all types of flowers.
Step-by-step tutorial guide: how to take good care of flowers
Most local flowers and bouquets are relatively easy to care for. Keep in mind a couple of pointers and your flowers will thrive at your home.
- Make sure you clean the vase well before using it. Any impurities can clog the stems of your flowers and cause them to wilt.
- Have the vase filled with fresh water, preferably lukewarm / room temperature water. Cold water can cause your flowers to become dormant.
- If you wish to give the flowers some nutrition, you can add some flower food. Read the instructions on the packet before purchasing and using, just to ensure it is suitable for your flowers.
- Before you place your flowers into the vase, cut the stems at an angle with scissors or a sharp knife. This will help the flowers absorb water better. It can also prevent clogging of the stems.
- Place your flowers in a cool, fairly shaded area or a place that’s not under direct sunlight or near any heat sources. Overexposure can cause the flowers to wilt.
- Change the water or water the flowers according to its preferences. If the weather is hot or dry, water more frequently.
- Over time, remove any dead leaves or flowers by carefully snipping them away. This will ensure that your flowers look stunning at all times.
Flowers that are Brilliant for First-Time Gardeners and Florists
Here are some of our favourite flowers that are a dream to look after.
1. MIXED HYDRANGEAS WITH VASE ($170.00): Do not be fooled by their seemingly high-maintenance appeal – hydrangeas are fairly easy to look after. Water well and keep them in a dappled shade for best results. These two stems of the season’s best hydrangea are a gift of joy. Readily available in Gift Flowers Singapore Clear Glass Vase, you can choose between a pink and white, blue and white or pink and blue colour combinations. No matter what choice you make, these beautiful blooms are bound to brighten up the room.
2. MIXED SUNFLOWER AND BABY BREATH WITH VASE ($170.00): We absolutely adore this stunning arrangement of Mixed Sunflower and Baby Breath in our Gift Flowers Singapore Luxury Vase with Gold Stripes. Cheerful and inspiring, it is a great start for gardeners and florists to tend to. Simply remember to water them, change water and give plant food when needed, and they will thrive. A delightful décor to be placed around the house, especially in kitchens, living rooms and dining rooms. These stunning beauties are bound to turn heads.
3. RED ROSES WITH VASE ($110.00): Nothing beats a traditional vase full of Ruby red roses. Here, we have a gorgeous floral arrangement of 12 stems of this season’s most impressive red roses. Perfectly displayed in our Gift Flowers Singapore Clear Glass Vase, all you need to do is to give them fresh water and plant food. They like it best when kept in a cool place, away from direct sunlight, so look for a place that’s cool and well shaded. They are guaranteed to make that corner shine with their elegance and grace.