Potential Flowers for Medicinal Purposes
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
Herbal remedies have been used all around the world for thousands of years. Traditional Chinese medicine dates back to over 2000 years ago and is still used in many Asian countries today. While Western medicine is recognised as the mainstream method of healing, plant based medicines and medicinal herbs are used by many to treat ailments, with many yielding effective results and little to no side effects.
Common plants that can potentially be used for medicinal purposes
There are some traditional medicinal plants, including leaves and flowers, that are easy to grow or find. Some can be used as home remedies to treat minor ailments and some can be made into essential oils to be used in a diffuser .
- Chamomile flowers are known to be the cure-all medicinal plant, used to reduce anxiety and help with/ relaxation.
- Lavender flowers are commonly used in aromatherapy for its relaxation properties. It can help with insomnia too.
- Saint John’s wort (flower and leaf) is used as an antidepressant.
- Rosemary tea is known for its antioxidants and antimicrobial properties. It is also said to reduce blood sugar.
- Echinacea leaves are known to have many health benefits and are used to treat or prevent the common cold, flu, and infections, and even for wound healing. It is used in some dietary supplements.
- Garlic cloves and roots are used as an herbal medicine for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. It is said to have antimicrobial effects.
- Ginger root is used to ease nausea and motion sickness. When heated with water and drunk, it acts as an insulator in colder climates too.
Must-give Flower Gifts to Make Someone Feel Better
Here are some flowers you can give to someone to instantly brighten up their day when they’re feeling a little down.
1. PINK ROSES IN BLUE ROUND FLOWER BOX ($120.00): The more the merrier! Lift the spirits by having this box of fully-bloomed, mesmerizing roses in your vicinity. Pink roses are not only a symbol of sweet love and admiration, but also the flower of beauty, grace and fun. When you offer someone this Gift Flowers Singapore Round Gift Box (in blue) to someone, you will make them feel very special and treasured for their virtues. They will receive 18 stems of this season’s best pink roses, cleverly arranged in – and contrasting wonderfully with – a minimalistic styled baby blue gift box.
2. MIXED TULIPS BOUQUET ($150.00): Fresh seasonal blooms are the way to go when gifting someone you care about! Our mixed tulips bouquet is the perfect pick-me-up gift for anyone at any occasion. Stylish and cheerful, tulips welcome in new beginnings, love and joy into people’s lives, and are the signature flowers to welcome the arrival of spring. If the recipient needs a little vibrance in their lives opt for this exquisitely hand-tied bouquet of delicate tulips. Professionally arranged by our expert florists, there are 18 to 24 stems of tulips in three bright and cheery colours.
3. PINK LILIES & ROSES BOUQUET ($135.00): A truly magnificent bouquet like our pink lilies and roses speak volumes! The recipient will adore these glorious blooms and the positive message they send. Pink lilies or stargazers symbolise abundance and prosperity, and are believed to welcome good fortune into the home. On the other hand, pink roses connote gentle love and the admiration you have for the recipient. The clever combination of these lovely, luscious pink lilies and elegant, pink roses laying upon lush seasonal foliage shows how much you are thinking of the recipient and the consideration you have for them. A superb gift to give on all occasions.