How to Treat Your Dad like a King on Father’s Day
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
Every father deserves to be treated like royalty once in a while. After all, this is the man who had tended to your grazed knees, been on adventures with you and in a way, never stopped teaching you the life skills you very much need throughout your journey.
With Father’s Day just around the corner, you are now given the perfect opportunity to treat your dad like the true king he is (dad jokes aside!). Every dad has their own favourite hobbies and interests, and spending quality time with them is one of the best ways to bond and bring back fond memories of childhood. We’ve come up with five awesome Father’s Day celebration ideas and suggestions on how to make this year’s Father’s Day extra special!
Top five ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Singapore
- Bonding through low impact sports: This may seem quite cliché but accompanying your dad on his fishing trip may be the highlight of his day. It’s also a good time to catch up with your dad and maybe even learn a thing or two about the hobby he enjoys. Of course, this is not exclusive to fishing; if golfing or taking a stroll is his thing, go for that instead!
- Vehicle lovers: If your dad loves cars, make sure he gets to see a car show. You can arrange with your local car clubs and see if one is on the way. Stories of his first drive and how he taught you to drive are bound to resurface. If there aren’t any shows nearby, you can still rev into action by go-karting together.
- Interesting tours: Does your dad love learning? Is he often seen with a book? Organise a historical tour for him or bring him to the library or museum so that he can take in fresh knowledge first-hand. It would also be a good time for both of you to learn something.
- Amusement parks: Here is an idea for true daredevils! Spend an exciting day with your adventurous dad at one of the amusement parks in Singapore. Enjoy the exhilarating rides and game booths. Your dad is sure to feel young again!
- Outdoor pursuits: If the weather is nice, why not go hiking with your dad? Luckily, Singapore is home to a wide choice of hiking trails and parks such as the Macritchie Nature Trail & Reservoir Park. You could also enjoy the experience of hiking together and take in the breath-taking views around you.
Finish off your wonderful day in the evening by taking your dad out to a prestigious restaurant. Multicultural Singapore offers a variety of cuisines that are sure to tickle his fancy.
Surprise your dad with flowers
This is definitely one of the things to do on Father’s Day. There is always something sweet about gifting flowers from daughter to dad and showing your beloved father how much he means to you. Gift Flowers Singapore has a few Father’s Day flower ideas up our sleeves and we offer free flower delivery to all metropolitan areas in Singapore. Here are our top picks:
- Mini Hydrangea Bouquet: This woody gift sends heartfelt emotions of gratefulness and understanding of others. It’s ideal for expressing your utmost appreciation you had towards him.
- Champagne Roses Bouquet: These coloured roses are just the thing for sending joy to your dad this Father’s Day. They connotate warm love and appreciation for the fond memories he has given you.
- Roses in Black Round Flower Box: With 40 stems of roses in this chic, black flower box, you are bound to send him a heart-warming message of love as well as a fantastic house décor!