How to Take Care of Flowers in Room Temperature
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
Flower care tips for home
We all love a vase filled with fresh flowers sitting in our home or office. Flowers bring color and life to any space they’re in. They also adds to the tranquility and ambiance of the living room. However, there is just one problem we have with flowers – they generally have a short lifespan. On the brighter side, there are lots of ways in which you can extend their longevity.
How do you get the blossoms to last for longer? Before we get started on how to properly take good care of your flowers, here’s a list of some of the things that are needed to take good care of flowers:
- Garden shears or a sharp clean knife
- A vase
- Flower food
Flowers’ home care and maintenance guide
Follow these tips next time you have your hands on some freshly cut flower bouquet to maximize their lifespan:
- When buying flowers, go for those with upright and firm petals
- Cut the stems at an angle so that they don’t rest flat against the bottom of the vase
- Get rid of the extra leaves by pruning
- Flowers love the vase life. Get a clean vase and fill it with clean fresh water then add flower food. If you don’t have flower food you can simply add aspirin or vodka and stir.
- Don’t forget to re-trim the blossoms every few days for a fresh and clean stem
- Be very careful about where you place the flowers. Factors such as direct sunlight and the central heating system can affect the life of the flowers. Display the flowers in a ideal room temperature where there’s thermal comfort that’s fit for human body temperature. If it’s too hot and uncomfortable for you, it certainly isn’t ideal room temperature for flowers. Use a digital thermostat to set the temperature range for your home.
- Top the vase with room temperature water every day if the level gets low.
As you do all this, keep in mind that some flowers generally last longer than others in ambient temperature. Most flowers last between 4-7 days. Some of the flowers that are known to last longer include roses, sunflowers, lilies, and daisies. Others like tulips, lilacs, daffodils, and hyacinths are notorious for wilting after only a few days even in normal temperature range.
Order these flowers from us and we’ll deliver today!
It’s not every day that people receive flowers so once they do, that’ll make their day feel special. Here some floral arrangements from us that you can send to your loved ones on different occasions:
Generally, gerberas are considered to be a symbol of innocence. The one thing we love about these flowers is that they come in a wide range of colors. This gives senders a wide range of options to send as casual gifts to recipients. The mixed color gerberas with vase are a fantastic gift for spreading cheer and sunshine.
This bouquet is the perfect floral arrangement that you may use to represent your joy and appreciation for that special someone in your life.
This stunning flower arrangement is an excellent choice that is guaranteed to leave the recipient in awe.