How to Preserve Flowers for Longer
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
What to do to make flowers last longer
The unfortunate truth about flowers is that they don’t and can’t last forever. But on the brighter side, you do a few things to make sure that the flowers last a little longer. Once you have bought your lovely bouquet, you can take proper care of the flowers at home and delay the wilting process. In this article, we’ll look at the different tricks that people can use to make the flowers last longer.
Flowers from Gift Flowers Singapore
Whether you are looking for the perfect anniversary flower arrangements, a Valentine’s Day bouquet, or a vase filled with flowers for any other occasion, we’ve got you covered. Here are some of our flowers that you can choose:
This beautiful flower arrangement comprises of bright red roses that give off a natural touch that achieves the feel of wild nobility. This true personality and beauty of the thorny roses are enhanced by the green foliage.
What makes Eustomas the perfect gift for a special someone in your life is that they’re symbolic of happiness, joy, and peace. If you are looking to show someone how much he/she means to you, let this bouquet do the talking for you.
The hydrangea is an ornate flower with a unique woody stem. These flowers are available in all colors ranging from pink to purple and are mostly given as a fourth wedding anniversary gift. The flower’s lacy and enchanting nature means that the blooms are a special delight to the recipient. This romantic choice of flowers will send a message of gratefulness and understanding to the recipient.
Tips & Tricks: How to make flowers last longer
Flowers are the most common gift that’s given on different occasions. These have a sure way of cheering up the recipient and also leave a lasting impression long after they have weathered. So why not make them last longer? Here are some tips to help you:
- Get an appropriate flower vase that goes well with your home décor. The next step is to clean the vase and add fresh water at room temperature.
- Cut flower stems carefully. Experts say that you should use a sharp knife to cut the stems at an angle. Doing this allows for better intake since the stems don’t sit flat on the bottom of the vase.
- After you’ve cut the stems at an angle, don’t forget to carefully remove any leaf that’s below the waterline.
- Add flower food to the water before adding the flowers. There’s no need to buy this. Instead, you can prepare it yourself using the following household ingredients:
- Hair spray
- Apple cider vinegar + sugar
- Or even pennies
- Keeping the flowers in the fridge overnight
- Note that the stems need to be trimmed again after every few days. The water also needs to be changed after one or two days and the vase cleaned thoroughly.
- Keep the flowers plant away from direct sunlight, heat, or fruits.
Wondering if there are different tricks that apply to specific flowers? Here are additional tips about specific flowers that you need to know:
- Flowers like roses have guard petals that need to be removed so that the flower can open fully
- Keep tulips near a source of light and they’ll grow a few inches towards the source
- Avoid cutting hyacinths down off the bulb. They’ll last longer is left on the bulb
- Don’t put daffodils in a vase with other flowers
Extend the life of your blooms
Work towards improving the lifespan of your flowers from day one. Hopefully, these tried and tested guidelines will help your flowers stay fresh for longer.