How to fix droopy flowers?
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
No matter where you’re from, flowers are renowned to be the ultimate pick-me-up gift for everyone. Whether it’s a special birthday present, a romantic gesture for your significant other or simply a décor to freshen up the environment, these blossoming beauties are the go-to item to liven up the spirits.
Why Flowers become Droopy?
Unfortunately, nature has it that flowers
gradually become droopy over time and will eventually wilt. There are a few
reasons for this and is especially true with cut flowers; flowers that are kept
in a vase filled with water. They differ from outdoor flowers as cut flowers
are detached from the roots, indicating that they are unable to get the
sufficient nutrients required to maintain its growth. Losing more water than
they are absorbing is also another contributing factor and is an issue that
flower owners desperately try to fix.
Although all flowers have the same inevitable outcome, there are ways to revive wilted flowers. At Gift Flowers Singapore, your one-stop online florist based in Singapore, we are more than happy to be your flower care guide and share with you some tips on how to bring your flowers back to life.
What to do with Wilting Flowers?
Not a gardener and frazzled about how to
fix your flowers? You don’t exactly need to have green fingers, but a couple of
indoor flower care tips are essential and easy to learn. Follow our simple
step-by-step guide on how to take care of the flowers in a vase and to give
them a little TLC.
- Snip away any dead leaves so that the rest of the flower can get all the nutrients it needs.
- Recut the stems. Remember to cut the stem at an angle, approximately 2 centimetres from the already cut end of the dying flower. The angles cut ensures that the stem does not become sealed off.
- Place the flowers at a cool area. Avoid places where there are extreme temperatures such as strong, direct sunlight or cooling vents.
- Dissolve three teaspoons of sugar fully in lukewarm water and fill the vase. The sugar will help revive the dying flowers and give it a good boost.
- Don’t forget to give your flowers some much needed flower food and keep track of changing the water every few days. Repeat the process as necessary.
3 Different Styles of Flowers
Here at Gift Flowers Singapore, we provide the freshest and finest quality flowers as well as excellent customer service and advice on how to look after your flowers to prevent them become droopy, whatever stage they are in. For your utmost convenience, not only can you browse our site and purchase with ease, you can also track your delivery to ensure it is delivered at a suitable time and date for the recipient. We also offer free delivery to all Singapore metropolitan areas. Take a look at our three different styles of flowers that will be a wonderful addition to your home.
- Brighten up the room instantly with this cheery and wholesome Yellow Calla Lilies & Matthiolas Bouquet. It is indeed a fabulous arrangement: 5 stems of this season’s best yellow calla lilies, yellow freesias and white matthiola. If you want to cheer someone up, this is the perfect gift to give! Price: S$160.00
- Soft and sweet flowers in a box is all you need to put a smile on your face. White Melanie contains 7 – 8 stems of white tulips, 5 – 6 stems of pink roses and 5 – 6 stems of pink hyacinthus. This gift comes in a pretty pink, calm blue or classic black round box. Price: S$139.00
- Promote a long happy life and lasting beauty with this delightful gift of Mattholia with Vase. Ten gorgeous stems of lilac matthiola in a minimalistic clear glass vase helps create a soothing atmosphere around you. Price: S$79.00