5 Ways to Use Fresh Flowers
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
Receiving flowers on those all important days is always nice. Be it wedding flowers, a grand birthday bouquet or a sweet and charming Valentine’s boxed flowers, fresh flowers are a delight to look at and keep around the house. After the festive occasion has passed, it is indeed a shame to throw out these blooming beauties right away. Rather, this year, you can definitely do some delightful DIY projects with the flower petals, creating pressed flowers, making décor or even conjuring up some edible rose petals.
What are the benefits of making things with fresh flowers?
According to studies, those who work with flowers feel more at peace and calmer. Fresh flowers are not only aesthetically pleasing, they are also good for our mental health and peace of mind. The task of doing these crafts can also help with our general dexterity and organisational skills. In addition, these are all eco-friendly alternatives to items you can find in the shop, so they are all feel-good projects!
Fresh Flowers DIYs You Can Make at Home
Here are five things that you can make with your fresh flowers at the comfort of your own home:
- Pressed flower cards: Show your sincerity to others by making lovely DIY cards with pressed flowers. Dry the flowers and leaves first before placing in a thick, heavy book to flatten.
- Potpourri: Freshen up your home, closet and drawers with dried flowers. Create your own potpourri by cutting off flower heads and drying them in the oven with a few drops of your favourite essential oils.
- Scented flower water: Boil the petals and water together and leave to cool for nice perfumed water to use on yourself or your linen.
- Edible flowers: Dried, sugared roses add a wonderful touch to the top of cakes. Rosewater can also be sweetened and consumed.
- Flower decorations: You can create a beautiful flower wall to hang in your room. You could either hang your flowers by strings to create an enchanting backdrop or attach the flowers to a metal grid of your desired size.
Gorgeous Fresh Flowers in Singapore Just For You!
1. NOBLE RED ROSES IN ROUND FLOWER BOX ($230.00): Nothing beats the traditional beauty of bright red roses. Naturally stunning and iconic, these roses offer a sense of nobility and virtue wherever they are placed. This gift consists of 35 to 40 stems of the season’s best red roses, contrasting beautifully with the emerald green foliage, that is our fresh eucalyptus leaves, a symbol of purity. The unique combination makes this floral arrangement not only a feast for the eyes and fantastic décor, but an item of virtuous symbolism and meaning. Placed in a Gift Flowers Singapore Round Gift Box, it is perfect for both the home and office environment.
2. UNICORN IN BLUE ($150.00): Enchant someone special with this gorgeous mix of pure white roses, calming eustoma and sweet baby breath. Expertly arranged in a blue, round gift box enhanced with Gift Flowers Singapore Exclusive Unicorn Decoration, it is a fabulous gift that will instantly put a smile on the recipient’s face. This thoughtful flower present’s delightful appeal not only cheers people up, but also adds meaning and a much-needed touch of magic into people’s lives. Just the gift for any special occasion and birthday.
3. SEASONAL FLOWERS IN ROUND FLOWER BOX ($190.00): For joyful occasions and in preparation for vibrant festivities, you’ll need flowers that come in bolder, brighter hues. With that in mind, this flower box is undoubtedly your best choice! Spirited and wild, these flowers are blessed with rich and colourful tones that are sure to turn heads. Its clever arrangement, brilliance and vivid shades make it the perfect centrepiece for parties, festivals and grand occasions, but it is also a lovely gift to express your happiness and to give for romantic gestures or birthday celebrations.