3 Creatively Cute Pregnancy Announcements in Singapore
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
First things first, if you’re expecting a new family member, congratulations! You must be itching with excitement and can’t wait to tell your family and friends about your soon-to-be bundle of joy.
Whether you want to go all out with creativity, or would just prefer cute and subtle, we’ve come up with some beautiful announcement ideas to inspire you, and also included a few things to consider before you do.
Announcing your pregnancy
Let’s get down to business, shall we? Announcing your pregnancy can be a fun and memorable experience for both parents and everyone involved. There are three general directions to take when it comes to creatively announcing your baby, each opening plenty of windows to come up with something original and unique.
1. Using baby-related items
Buying and showcasing baby items, is an extremely popular way to announce your pregnancy. Is there anything cuter than mini shoes, mini clothes, or mini anything? It’s a cuteness overload that will get everyone excited about your new baby.
- You could buy baby clothing items (like tiny shoes) to announce that you’re now parents.
- Consider having custom printed baby clothes with a cute message detailing that your baby is soon to arrive.
- Place any baby-sized item next to a normal-sized one with a beautiful handwritten note.
Mix it up with cards, ultrasounds, baby toys, books or any other baby-related items – the opportunities are endless, so don’t be afraid of coming up with ideas yourself.
Image via @hayley_wilkins91
Image via @karissakayabbott
2. Using siblings or pets to announce the baby
You might have some excited kids, or a beautiful pet who would love to be included in announcing a new baby boy or baby girl. Again there are so many ways you can do this.
- Have your child carry a poster with anything along the lines of “soon to be big sister/brother” or “only child, soon to expire”.
- Again, you can get custom t-shirts made for your kids to wear which announces they are about to have a baby brother or sister.
- If this is your first baby, consider using your pet to announce the baby with a sign “my mum and dad are bringing me a human”.
Make sure that whatever you do, your first born is well aware of the situation (if he or she is old enough) and they are comfortable doing the announcing.
Image via @chessietails
3. Thinking outside the box
Other ways you can get creative is by announcing your baby in a funny way using puns, or something others might not have associated with pregnancy.
- Invite your family to a bake off at your place, only to tell them there’s “something else” cooking in the oven.
- Buy a bottle of wine and replace the label with “something else is brewing”.
- You could cut an avocado in half, mum and dad hold half each (mum has the half with the seed in it – looks like a pregnant belly) and make a sign saying “We’re gonna ‘avo’ baby”
- The same concept applies to a photo of an egg hatching because you’ll be “eggspecting” a baby.
Image via @salliessouthernstiches
When to announce your pregnancy
If this is your second pregnancy, you may be familiar with announcements and timelines, but first time mums might be a little less sure.
Generally speaking, it’s safe to wait until the 14-week mark to announce that you’re having a baby, purely because the possibility of miscarriage is higher in the first trimester. For extra precaution, some couples even wait until they reach 20-weeks (about 4 to 5 months into the pregnancy). Waiting a little longer means you can announce the pregnancy and the gender of the baby together – unless you’d like to keep it a surprise. Generally, you can know the gender between 17 and 21 weeks, depending on what method you use to find out.
Regardless of when you choose to announce, letting your partner know you’re pregnant should be done almost immediately after you’ve found out — the child is from you both and you’ll definitely need all the support you can get.
Considerations when it comes to announcing
In the early stages of your pregnancy, tell the people you are closest to first, before making any public announcements. The rule of thumb is – if something unfortunate were to happen – only announce the pregnancy to people you’d be comfortable to confide in that you were no longer pregnant.
Then, if all goes well, it’s best to share the announcement with family and close friends in person, not over the phone. Then you can let them share the joy with you, give you hugs and get excited in person, not over the phone. The last step is to go crazy with creativity and finally announce your pregnancy publicly so everyone else in your life can find out.
Have fun and make the most of an exciting time
Pregnancy is an exciting time! You get to prepare and wait for a new family member — a beautiful new son or daughter. At some point during the pregnancy, you’ll have to celebrate and share the happy news with the people who care about you. When that time comes, there’s no better way than doing it in a way you’ll never forget.
Click here to learn about which flowers are meaningful for the arrival of a new baby, and how a beautiful bouquet is the perfect gift for any occasion.